Thursday, December 29, 2016

– I have a new drone. I lost control of the last – Dagens Næringsliv

co-Founder Jon von Tetzchner live in the country that creates by far the most teknologigiganter, but the experience that Norway is well ahead in several areas.

– After having lived in the USA for a while, select one the the benefits we have in the Uk purely technological, reply Jon von Tetzchner optimistic about the questions about how well suited the Norwegian companies is in the meeting with new technology.

DN Entrepreneurial set around the turn of the year a series of questions to prominent entrepreneurs and investors about the investments and the technology’s impact on the economy.

These participating: Petter Stordalen, Jon von Tetzchner, Silvija Seres, Siri Beate Damsleth, Tone Bjørseth-Andersen, Tharald Nustad, Alf-Egil Bogen and Are Traasdahl.

View more

the Opera-the entrepreneur thinks Norway is better positioned than many others, and experience even differences after that he joined in the Opera, sold the shares and moved with whole family to the area north of Boston in the united STATES. Here he has built up a landing place for entrepreneurs from Norway and Iceland, including the dozens of businesses he has invested in.

Von Tetzchner experience especially american bankers as ripe for the changes and points out that norwegians do not have a lot of paperwork related to tax returns and private health insurance.

I think one should be happy that a don’t have to relate to this in Norway, ” he says.

– Name of a Norwegian entrepreneur or an established business that has really impressed you with innovation?
– Rolf Assev. I think the work he did in the Opera and the work he does in the Startup Lab and Founders Fund missing none. Rolf is clearly one of the most innovative people I know. Innovation is not only about products, but also marketing and gasket. It is something that is often forgotten and which is Also unique. The way one supports the companies in the Startup Lab is unique. I have great faith that it will get several leading companies from the Startup Lab.

Born in Reykjavik in 1967, with a Norwegian father.

Started web browser company Opera and led it from 1995 to 2010.

Selling out with a substantial gain after having joined the company in 2010 and has since invested in various oppstartsselskaper, real estate and Vivaldi, a new nettleserselskap.

Living north of Boston.

View more

As prime minister, what would you do to make Norway more future-oriented?
– I would have supported the research and invested in innovative companies. We need long-term investment with a focus on building solutions and jobs. We have shown that we can innovate. Let us bet again and achieve the results we can achieve by a focused effort.

– What is your most exciting investment?
– Here is probably the answer to Vivaldi. I have very faith on what we do and the team we have assembled. The last time we made a web browser so it reached 350 million users. I have faith that we will be able to reach very good numbers in the Vivaldi also and affect the internet in a positive way.

– What is your worst investment?
– I invested in the Q Factor of the united STATES along with a number of others. They were sold without that, the investors got a penny. Otherwise, I’m glad that all the other companies I have invested in lives and grows. Several of them have a great potential.

If you would invest 100 million in the areas of artificial intelligence, big data, drones, robotisering and delingsøkonomi, how would you spread them?

I must admit that I’m not investing in the areas. In English it is called the “spaces”, which are empty space. I invest in ideas and teams. I would analyzed the companies that are available, the goals they have and the teams that lead them. Thus, I would have probably invested in several companies that touches these areas, but also others.

– Are there any of these technologies that intimidates you, and why?

– It applies to enough of these and other technologies that can be used for positive things and negative things. I choose to focus on how technology can be used in a positive way.

– do you Have a new gadget, app or digital service that you are particularly fond of or something you really want?

– I tests always new gadgets. I have a new drone. I lost control over the previous one. It had its own will and unfortunately I’m not the only one who has experienced it with this dronen. So far, it has gone well with the new, Autel, X-Star. I also like to switch phones often and prefer the lesser known brands for us in the west. You’ll get much more for your money on the way, and in India I bought myself an Oppo F1 Plus. It is a really good phone.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment