Saturday, October 29, 2016

Stein Erik Hagen: – I get to relapse. – Aftenposten

I’ll get off and to relapse. But it is not as dark as it was at the time. And now I know what to do to come out on the other side, ” says Stein Erik Hagen.

On the telephone from California, tells the Garden Aftenposten about the dark time and how he handled it. Aftenposten-journalist Steinar Dyrnes and Frank Lynum comes with in these days with the unauthorized biography Steinrik, and Aftenposten has asked him to comment on the book.

He says that he has not read the book and therefore do not know what it contains.

– As such unauthorized books always do, will also this book certainly render many interesting and true events, many half-truths and probably several issues I did not want to know me again in, say the Garden, but the answer still questions around the themes in the book.

Stein Erik Hagen pushed her daughter to Switzerland to save money

the Book describes among other things how he in 1993 was hit by a powerful depression.

panicked

Outwardly appeared the Garden at this time as one of Norway’s most successful men. 1992 started with the fact that he sold ten times the Supermarket to the Swedish Ica, a deal that made him a billionaire.

at the same time he bought the Oslo’s best residential, Voksenhus. He had just secured a private grossistledd, something that was very important that the Supermarket chain should be able to grow bigger.



On the other hand, he worked around the clock. The woman he was married with, Nina, had lost patience with the always-working man, and now feared the Garden the divorce.

The unauthorized biography Steinrik is the first book about Stein Erik Hagen.

Book is written by the of the two Aftenposten-journalist Steinar Dyrnes and Frank Lynum.

It is Lynums first book, while He previously wrote When mr. Røkke took Kvaerner together with the Roar Valderhaug.

Then came 1993. In the book describes the authors that the Garden panicked. He was terrified to be ill, he feared getting cancer. At the same time he was terrified that the company would break because of sky-high interest rates after jappetidens collapse. If that wasn’t enough, did he fear that the swedes would take over the whole of the life’s work of his.

– I’m so dark on everything

It was too much. I worked myself to death, and I got a kjempedepresjon, says the Garden to the authors.

So he looks in retrospect on the Swedish handling of the life’s work of his

the Garden was still on the job every day, but he was not able to do its job. In around a half of the year were managing director Tom Kristiansen and chairman of the board Åge Korsvold who steered the ship.

Opposite the Aftenposten elaborates on this:

There was a time where life was hard, and I saw the dark on everything. I wasn’t susidal, but everything was heavy.

He describes a situation in which he worked virtually around the clock and burning the candle at both ends.

I took me all the way out and met the wall. I was exhausted, was enough reason that I got this depression, ” he says.

Never as dark

In the book he says that he has not had a depression since, but to Aftenposten, he said:

– I is depressed and has had it so long. But I have not had as severe depression since that time.

He tells that when he gets these dark thoughts, as he has learned that it goes over.

– It is never so wrong as you think it can be. What I have learned. And then it is to stay stuck in the edge of the table and wait until it goes over. I try to see and look for the light, something positive.

He tells that he got the help of professor Leif Braaten at the University of Oslo. Where he went to call a couple of times a week and learned a lot from it.

Advises others to talk about it

It was my wonderful wife Nina who took hold at the time. I’m grateful for, ” says Hagen.

it Means that you now have learned how to deal with your feelings when depression arises?

– Yes, clearly. Depression is something people struggle with, and it comes to learn to deal with it.

What is your advice to others who are experiencing this?

When life gets too heavy, talk to someone, and not go to carry on it alone. I’m not always so good at asking for help even, but has been improving as I get older.

the Garden also say to the authors that it is important to be able to skillemellom the material and the immaterial. When he manages to prioritize properly and get out of the tricky mind. When the depression hit, he did breathing exercises, meditated, read and relaxed on a sofa in the office. In addition, he listened to the selvhjelpskassetter he had been given by a colleague.

Gay is not the cause

the Book discusses also that it was at this time the Garden began to acknowledge to himself that he was gay.

I suppressed that part of myself, ” he says in the book.

But that this would have something with the depression to do, reject him face Aftenposten:

It has been difficult, but not in the way. It has never gone like that on me. But I don’t know if there are any answers to why this affected me, ” he says on the phone from sunny California.

also Read:

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment