Sunday, July 26, 2015

Here Terje close encounters with eagles – Avisa Nordland

Terje Nilsen got a bit of a nature experience at the start of July while he was visiting his grandmother at Lysnes Senja.

As long as he can remember, there has always sat a eagle on the stone on the shoreline below her grandmother’s house.

When he 4th of July was out aired dog Milo, he saw the eagle sitting in his usual pose looking stone.

– I decided to try to go down and see if I could take some nice pictures of it, says Nilsen to Nordlys .

Could patted

However, the full adult eagle was against all expectation seated. This enabled Nilsen and dog walk block until it while he filmed.

– We sneaked against it, and I was quite impressed that the dog did not make a sound. Finally I was so close to the eagle that I could have stretched out my arm and patted it, says Nilsen.

– The eagle looked quite time straight at the dog, which weighs only 5.6 kilograms. It should have looked at it as a change, he says.

Nilsen discovered, however, eventually why this bird of prey behaved so unusual and allowed him to get so close.

– The damaged out and got no buoyancy when it tried to flap their little wings. I pulled myself silently retreat, while I saw gulls began to fly around it. They bothered eagle, who desperately tried to turn them away with the wing. I called the Game Board, says Nilsen.



Had fired

An hour later the Game Board and a representative from the municipality in place. They report that the eagle had damaged the wing.

Thus did Nilsens eagle experiences a sad ending.

– They said that the eagle would have starved to death, and that it was not no other option but to kill it. Unfortunately, he said.

The eagle was thus killed by shooting.

Terje Nilsen is pretty sure that the eagle he had close contact with Senja is the same as he remembers from childhood, gazing out over the ocean.

– I read on Wikipedia that eagles may be 50 years old and it has always sat a eagle down there. Therefore, I am pretty sure it is the eagle I remember from when I was little boy. The final answer we get to next year, when we see whether it sits a new eagle on the stone or not, says Nilsen.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment