Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hans Kristian Furuseth (28) has its other ledertittel in nettgiganten Zalando … – Dagens Næringsliv

Lederintervjuet

Progress can, among other things, he thank his one-year-old mentor.

the Article is added to your reading list.

to be a 28 year-old has an impressive cv with two ledertitler on the conscience. How much would you say that your career is marked by determination?

– It is quite characterized by the. I knew already at the age of 14 that I would be an entrepreneur. I will say that I have been working towards it for 15 years. When I moved to Berlin to start Vaniday because it was a good opportunity to get into the gründermiljøet and start something of their own.

Name: Hans Kristian Furuseth

Position: country manager for the united Kingdom in netthandelgiganten Zalando. Based in Berlin.

Born: 1988

Family: A wife and a son

Education: Economics and business administration (NHH)

Lederkarriere: the Nordic countries-head of it at Zalando, head of fashion and markedsplassappen Lyke, founder and leader of the app Vaniday, consultant and project manager in Bain & Company.

View more

– Vaniday is an app for the dissemination of beauty services and products, why beauty industries?

– It is not wrong to say that I am above average interested in clothes, and I thought it was exciting to work with a similar model. Since there was already a market for apps in the tourism, cleaning and taxitjenester we found out that we could fill a hole in the market with an app for beauty services.

– You moved to Berlin in January of last year, since then have you started a company, been manager for the nordic department at Zalando, and now the british. How to see the career ladder your out before it?

– After the studies I had a short summer job in JP Morgan in London, before I worked for the consulting firm Bain & Company in a few years. Then I was back and forth between Oslo and India in two years, that was a very good experience. The culture is so different from the Norwegian and I learned to think in a completely different way. In Norway, it achieves for example a consensus by discussing a case in India takes the leader only decision.

And which of the lederstilene do you prefer?

– I is very weak for the scandinavian leadership where people are given the responsibility and the leader supports them in it, given that it is prudent.

– How do you find that tillitsfilosofien being received in Germany?

– At my workplace is arbeidskulturen relatively similar to the scandinavian culture. In Germany in general, it is probably more bureaucratic and formal. With us, we speak directly with each other, there is little hierarchy and we take decisions based on the facts.

I already knew at the age of 14 that I would be an entrepreneur. I will say that I have been working towards it for 15 years.

Hans Kristian Furuseth (28), country manager for the Uk at Zalando and co-founder of the app Vaniday

– How ended up you actually up in the Zalando?

– They had a need for someone to take over the Nordic countries department, and took contact with me. E-commerce environment is relatively close and people talking together, so when was it that I ended up there.

– With responsibility for the whole of the uk market resting it is a big responsibility on your shoulders, how do you tackle it?

Europe’s largest netthandelselskap in the field of clothing, shoes, and other moteprodukter.

Started up in 2008 by the germans Robert Gentz, David Schneider and the brothers Samwer, who stands behind the company Rocket Internet.

Has its head office in Berlin and around 11.000 employees in Europe.

Went for the first time one billion euro in revenues in the fourth quarter of last year.

Had 3.6 billion in revenues in 2016 and had an operating profit (ebit) of over euro 200 million.

the Company is listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange and operates in 15 countries.

the Company reports that it has about 19 million active customers.

View more

I am quite honored and humbled over the responsibility, but I will not say that I have any pressure. It is not such a hard environment here. The list I put even and I’m pretty good at not adding too much pressure on myself. Besides, I have wife and children, and it makes it easier to connect.

– Family is your recreation?

– Yes, it is amazing to see how a small child learns new things each day, and how they always continue to try. Even if they fail nine out of ten times, they continue to try, and if they get to a halfway house they are very satisfied. It is important to take with them into the workplace. If you constantly think that everything should be perfect as stock, rather prevent for itself I think.

– It may sound like you find a mentor in your son?

– Yes, there is much to learn there, as an adult, there is much we have avlært us, that we should learn us again. At Zalando, we say “failing forward”, you learn always from your mistakes, and the lessons learned helps to drive the company forward.

– How does pappapermisjon combine with leadership position in Europe’s largest netthandelselskap?

– I took my leave in the last year, before I started working there, but hypothetically speaking, if we were to then had not I had any problems to take a leave of absence.

You will consider you are not as indispensable?

– I feel so clearly that I add the company a value, but I’m not indispensable, I had done a poor job of delegating responsibility and coaching, those who work with me.

– What is your best tip to the young lederspirer?

– I think it is very good to get out of familiar surroundings. Whether it is to study or work abroad, then I think there is much to learn through the meeting with other cultures. Both on the professional and personal level.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment