Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sondre Gravir: “My friends call me find-o-holic” – Aftenposten

Sondre Gravir: "My friends call me find-o-holic" – Aftenposten

Life at the top is an interview series about top executives who are in print in Aftenposten Economy & amp; Karrieremagasinet every Sunday. Read more interviews below.

– What is your main driving force?

– I must have fun. Must have the desire to go to work when I wake in the morning. When I stand on and add some extra. Forcing herself artificially into being a leader, I think it’s demanding.

– What do you perceive as fun?

– Having passion the product I am president. I think it’s very fun to work in a company that so many people are concerned about and have a relationship to everyday life. In festive layer there are many who find it troublesome to be asked now they are working in. For me it’s the opposite. When I meet someone with dedication for what I doing, I think it is absolutely delicious.

– And now it becomes equally delightful to talk about Finn as it was about Aftenposten?

– Definitely. I grew up in a very news-oriented family and have a strong relationship with newspaper. It is both pleasure and benefit for me, but I also have a strong relationship with Finn.no. I can sit for hours looking at all the weird things offered. That is why some of my friends call me find-o-holic.

– From Aftenposten you’re used to lead in tandem with the Chief Editor. How much have good chemistry with those around you to say?

– I mean it means a lot. It is easier to be honest with each swell when there is good chemistry. Not good chemistry with a friend but more like full confidence. I spend a lot of time with them I leader, and leader of, precisely to achieve mutual trust.

– Is there a big difference in you as a leader now and when you started?

– I was more insecure in the beginning. It got two effects, one was that I tried to play a little. To take a leadership role by copying some of what I had seen in other leaders I had met. Being a slightly different than the one, works poorly in length.

– What impact could it get?

– That I was genuinely to present in different situations and was a little scared to go into tougher person matters. Confidence to do it is something that has come a little later.

– Pondering you much about the consequences of the choices you make?

– I is the often and think of things in bed. It is something that has changed, and it annoys me a little that I lie awake at night more now than I did before.

– Why has it happened, do you think?

– I’ll probably more inward me what responsibility I have and what it entails.

Something that has been particularly tough?

– The process of downsizing has been demanding. It is difficult when colleagues must stop. I think a lot about it. But to believe that no one should be hurt, it does not. There are many considerations to take. But you can not just pay attention to feelings, or just pay attention to the consequences for individuals. One has to see what is best for the company in the long run, but also treat employees properly.

– How do you do it?

– It is important for me to ensure that everyone has the same reality picture of the situation. Informing take much time, but it is the core of leadership with the people.

– It’s been said that you are the expert in conveying a gloomy message so that it appears as something positive . Is it a kind of trick?

– No, but it comes demanding things against me, I focus mostly on the way out of the impasse. If I lose faith, I struggle. What can we do that is different about a year? That I think. I am very solution.

– What is your relationship to the paternal quota?

– Oi, you had to ask about it. I took paternity leave five weeks last fall. I would like paternity leave in 2012, but then I started the Aftenposten, and when I got myself not to take time off. It is not good at all, but I must add that I have never had someone that has worked for me who have not received withdraw leave his.

– But can you be disconnected when you are home with your family?

– Yes, although both Gøril and I work a lot, so we have a “sacred” period between the hours. 17:30 PM. 20. But beyond that is precisely the job. I tend to fiddle a bit with mobile too when I’m home. Now I have decided to become better. I shall put it in his pocket. Longer than that I do not think I can get. I’m probably too engaged to do it.




Every Sunday you can read about leaders challenges and successes. Here are some of the preceding interviews in the series “Life on Top” and a number of leaders tip.

You can also get alerts on new interviews in the series, click on the box ” Life at the top “that underlies the earlier interviews very bottom of the page.

Published : 18.feb. 2015 8:53

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment