Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hagen: Impossible to make it as a merchant today – HegnarOnline

Hagen: Impossible to make it as a merchant today – HegnarOnline

– It would have been impossible for me to start over. You do not get equal conditions, which means that one can engage in competitive, says Orkla chairman and former supermarket, Stein Erik Hagen to DN.

He started grocery chain in 1977, but sold out completely to Ica and Dutch Ahold between 1992 and 2004

With Monday’s Coop-acquisition, the entire supermarket name disappear.

– It was a really great time, when I look back on my journey. It was probably some of the best years of my life, the time I was a merchant, Hagen says to DN.

– What do you think about that Rimi name can disappear?

– It does not take me. It is ten years since I sold me out of the supermarket, and I have a rational relationship to it, responds Hagen.

At the grocery market now could end with three major players, he believes, however nothing about.

– It is of course unfortunate that there are only three players in the retail sector. But under the circumstances, I think it makes sense that Coop buys Ica, and thus strengthens its purchasing position and streamline distribution. We have three pretty evenly matched players, Hagen says to DN.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment